Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2008 Mercedes gl450 it was jump started incorrectly…

Customer Question
I have a 2008 Mercedes...
I have a 2008 Mercedes gl450 it was jump started incorrectly the power from the other car was hooked up to the red terminal under the hood the ground wire from the other car was hooked up to the red terminal in the fuse box and blew something out when I push the button to start the car nothing happens and the rear lift gate will not power up I need to know what would have blown out
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/23/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 2 years ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello. So the jump start point is actually a fuse block. You need to remove that and open it up and test for power across each fuse. You most likely will find your blown fuse inside of there. Hope this information helps. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉

No blown fuses at all I looked for that before using this service this is not that easy. The red power lug located in the front engine compartment fuse box has no fuse it is a large red wire and goes from the fuse box back inside the car where does that wire go? because If it goes to another fuse then that could be the problem or does it go to a module I feel that would be the problem. please understand that this blew when incorrectly jump starting the car. car 1 was the car giving the power had the red jumper cable wire hooked up to the red/positive terminal and run to the red/positive terminal of the mercedes no problem yet the black jumper cable wire was hooked from the negative side of car 1 and run to the red lug in the front fuse box as soon as that was done the car would not start. If this problem is a fuse it is not a fuse in the under hood fusebox or the fusebox in the right side of the dash or the one in the right side of the trunk I checked them a few days ago. Please let me know where the large red wire in the front fusebox runs to If I had access to a wire diagram I would just look it up myself but no access Thanks

well hold on now, lets be on the same page here.

here is a picture of the fuse box i am talking about. please

confirm

http://www.mediafire.com/view/4yohkc9linlk54m/164%20f32%20jump%20start%20prefuse%20box.jpg

THE positive jump start point IS the PREFUSE box. there are a few power wires coming from the inside of the fuse box and one leads to the front engine bay fuse box. please confirm. this is the first spot that any fuse would blow. let me know.

Any luck ? This is a really easy system to troubleshoot we just need to be on the same page. Was my info helpful?