Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Driver seatbelt wont retract

Customer Question

Driver seatbelt wont retract
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions + Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

1st thing to try is to fully unwind the belt and then use some baby wipes or just soap and water on a cloth to remove all the dirt, dust and deposits from the belt

if this doesn't help then you need to remove the door seal by tugging it from the body of the car to allow the plastic trim to be lifted up off the B post

its all on push on clips so you will need to get a flat bladed tool behind the panel to prise it off so you can get to the seatbelt unit and then with the belt fully out spray the ends of the barrel with some WD40

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok well its the white plastic clip came off i tried pulling it all the way out with no results how do i take the upper rear panel off
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

do you need to remove the upper panel ?

as if you can reach the seat belt spool unit to lubricate it then there's no need to remove any more trim

Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello, is this the convertible model or the hardtop?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hard top

ok, so is the seat belt fully extended and just seem like its stuck and limp like it makes no effort to pull back in?

I am gathering the documents for removal of the seat belt, please give me a few.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I pulled back the top of the panel and saw the white plastic clip on the bottom of the seatbelt is disconnected or unsnapped from where is supposed to be snapped in not sure if its broken or just needs to be snapped back in just need to get the panel off without breaking it

Understood, i will send you all the info, you look it over and if it is missing something then please let me know and we will get it straight for you .

its a little involved but here is the info. Lou.

did you check all the documents i sent over?

I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may recieve my credit for assisting you. Thank you.