Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 1994 MB e320 has been sitting 6 months. It would not turn…

Customer Question
My 1994 MB e320 has...
My 1994 MB e320 has been sitting for about 6 months. It would not turn over and nothing would turn on. I was able to start it with a jump start. I have replaced the battery and everything works, but will not start. No clicking just no turnover. When I removed the key the lights blink as if the signal is on and then after a minute or so go off.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
2/20/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 2 years ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, first make sure that your battery and battery cable connections are good. Next try disconnecting the negative battery cable for a few minutes then reconnect it and lock and unlock the car and then see if it will start. It sounds like the anti theft may be activated and not letting the starter operate. Also remove and clean fuse 5 and 6 in the fuse box.

Let me know how you make out.

Marty

Hi, I'm just following up with you on this question. Did you get the car started?