Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My brother has a 1995 E320 and the driver's side door was t.

Customer Question
Good morning, my brother...

Good morning, my brother has a 1995 E320 and the driver's side door was hit. He took it to MACCO and they changed the door and now the alarm won't go off and he can't start the car, The MACCO that did the repair has since gone out of business and now he can't drive his car. How or what can be done to fix this problem?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

If possible yes we have a mechanic that's trying to help, the closest dealer is in Houston TX.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?

No that's the only problem he's having.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
2/17/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 2 years ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

hello, he needs to insert the key into the door lock and lock and unlock the car with the door closed. if that does not work then they may not have hooked up the wiring inside the door handle. let me know if this helps.

MB Paul
MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician