Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My name is ***** *****. I have a 2010 ML350. I took it in to…

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** *****. I have a 2010 ML350. I took it in to the dealer to have the Navi updated. When I got it back the setting were in kilometers, celsius and German. My Navi tells me to turn in so many meters, my odometer and speedometer are both in kilometers. The dealer is telling me I have a Canadian car and it has always been like this. The car was manufactured in Alabama and purchases in Illinois. Can you advise me?

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I have a 2010 ML350. I took it in to the dealer to have the Navi updated. When I got it back the setting were in kilometers, celsius and German. My Navi tells me to turn in so many meters, my odometer and speedometer are both in kilometers. The dealer is telling me I have a Canadian car and it has always been like this. The car was manufactured in Alabama and purchases in Illinois. Can you advise me?Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/mercedes/6d0gg-mercedes-benz-ml350-update-gps-system.html#ixzz40REMFlnR

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
2/17/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 2 years ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, can you give me your vin please?

The vin is 4JGBB8GN8AA594708

OK thank you, ***** ***** unusual for this scenario, have you adjusted the settings in your dash board? there is a option for mph and kilo and such

I have adjusted the instrument cluster back to English and miles. My odometer still reads only kilometers and temp is in celsius. I adjusted the navi back to English but it still gives me destinations in kilometers.

ok, they messed up a setting with the install of the software, they will have to reset it back to normal, the dash setting which you now know can only do so much to be changed, so you will have to take it back to get reset again with the software and the scan tool. sorry this happened.