Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

My name is ***** *****. I have a 2010 ML350. I took it in to

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. I have a 2010 ML350. I took it in to the dealer to have the Navi updated. When I got it back the setting were in kilometers, celsius and German. My Navi tells me to turn in so many meters, my odometer and speedometer are both in kilometers. The dealer is telling me I have a Canadian car and it has always been like this. The car was manufactured in Alabama and purchases in Illinois. Can you advise me?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a 2010 ML350. I took it in to the dealer to have the Navi updated. When I got it back the setting were in kilometers, celsius and German. My Navi tells me to turn in so many meters, my odometer and speedometer are both in kilometers. The dealer is telling me I have a Canadian car and it has always been like this. The car was manufactured in Alabama and purchases in Illinois. Can you advise me?Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/mercedes/6d0gg-mercedes-benz-ml350-update-gps-system.html#ixzz40REMFlnR
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello, can you give me your vin please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The vin is 4JGBB8GN8AA594708

OK thank you, ***** ***** unusual for this scenario, have you adjusted the settings in your dash board? there is a option for mph and kilo and such

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have adjusted the instrument cluster back to English and miles. My odometer still reads only kilometers and temp is in celsius. I adjusted the navi back to English but it still gives me destinations in kilometers.

ok, they messed up a setting with the install of the software, they will have to reset it back to normal, the dash setting which you now know can only do so much to be changed, so you will have to take it back to get reset again with the software and the scan tool. sorry this happened.