MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

My 1999 c180 battery run flat after jump start by recovery

Customer Question

Hi my 1999 c180 battery run flat after jump start by recovery worked fine for 2 days then key fob not open the door , opening the door with emergency key , key is not turning in ignition , checked the key batteries and checked the key at key specialist key is work but still not opening the doors or turning in ignition,any advise?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Have you double checked to see if the battery is weak or dead again as this can cause the key issue you have here.If this is found to be o.k. how was the key tested/checked and if you have a second key have you tried it as well to see if it works to lock and unlock and start the vehicle at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.