Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have Merz E320 that appears to have sat in horse barn in

Customer Question

I have Merz E320 that appears to have sat in horse barn in KY for an extended time.
when I bought it I was sure the left front window worked. I have a '93 190 which has a bad roller. Three weeks later the window stopped working. I only had flat emergency ignition key as electronic stuff was not available. I had new key cut but it would not work at dealers. So I was very careful with key I had. Months later I picked up new key, inserted it and it worked fine. Weeks later I parked in my drive, next AM it was locked. I did all the usual things in such a case but key only turned to first position. I am 25 miles from dealer who told me by phone they would have to drill out the tumbler... three hours time @ $125 then replace all electronic stuff to bring back to original. Plus towing. I do not care about looks, I want to drive the car, even if I use screwdriver to start. also the instrument panel (gas gauge, heat, etc) would sometimes work and sometimes not. left dash panel light do not work (I can replace or live with it) Naturally I suspect an electrical problem. where would you suggest I start looking? I know there are many sensors but not which works which. On the 190 the oil pressure light has been on for months with no apparent problem. uses very little oil at 1900,000 m.
E320 has only 140000 miles which should be enough to finish my driving career. I am 83 and only need good transportation to the Drs who are still keeping me alive. I hope you can do as much for my E320
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Ok, the main problem with the E320 is that the key will not turn all the way from off to crank, correct?

If so, I need to know if it has factory security/antitheft system on it, and need to know if the brake lights work.

And finally, I will need the full 17 digit vin number so that I can pull the schematics for it