Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Replaced blower motor on my 1998 w202 with one from the bone…

Customer Question
replaced blower motor on my...
replaced blower motor on my 1998 w202 with one from the bone yard, i bench tested it first before installing. still does not work
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
2/3/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Edward, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, Eddie here and I will do all I can to help. Have you checked to make sure you have power on the RED/BLUE wire at the blower motor by chance? Should be hot all the time.

add the motor and the resistor sitting on the bench and I ran 12 volt power to the resistor and the motor turned on

Im reffering to the RED/BLUE wire going to the blower motor in the car, should be 3 wires in the harness going to the blower motor RED/BLUE should have power at all times. Do you have a test light or volt meter you can check it with?