Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I have a 1995 Mercedes sl 500. The parking brake release

Customer Question

I have a 1995 Mercedes sl 500. The parking brake release broke. I stupidly pushed it down again. Is there another release. What can I do to drive the car. Thank you for your help.
Cathy
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello Cathy. So what exactly broke ? What happens when you pull the release handle ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The handle broke and came off in my hand. Is there another way to release the parking brake other than with the handle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know that in a truck I had there was another release. It was not easy to get to, but doavle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you going to answer my question? I believed that you are a legitimate company.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long does this take. Please let me know. I have had a very long day at work. I would really appreciate your help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not agree to call you. I prefer to use this form. If you will only proceed with a call, please let me know.

So sorry. There is a cable that the handle pulls. If you have a pair of pliers you can pull the ball at the end of the cable.

The cable will be in the dash where the handle was at. It's a hard plastic cable with a internal metal cable. You can grab the end and pull it to release the brake. I will respond I promise. It may take me a bit. I have to travel momentarily.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did not see the ball. It broke off so that I can't see it. It broke off right at the end. How do I expose it. Thank you so much for your response.

Oh so you see the cable but you can't see the ball at the tip ?

I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may recieve my credit for assisting you. Thank you.