Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Auto trunk release mercedes s430
, vin WDBNG70J01A7710.

Customer Question
Auto trunk release for...

Auto trunk release for 2001 mercedes s430

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Vin WDBNG70J01A7710. THE TRUNK CAN BE OPENED WITH KEY BUT NOT BY SWITCH OR KEY FOB.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
my order # ***** ***** service dropped out. waiting
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/1/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 2 years ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

hello, most likely the trunk vacuum element is leaking and the pse module stopped activation. pull fuse 62 from the rear fuse box. ill send a diagram over to tell where the fuse is at. pull the fuse and wait a minute and then reinstall it and see if the trunk now works. Lou

Hello are you still needing assistance ?

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician