Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2000 clk430 lost key and prior to loosing the key wouldnt…

Customer Question
2000 clk430 lost key...

2000 clk430 lost key and prior to loosing the key wouldnt turn it said remove key but open doors

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I need to know wht to buy to eithr reprogram new/ used key from ebay is switch needed also for that

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
2/1/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Pete, Mercedes Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

You will need a new replacement key and this has to be obtained from a dealer.The dealer orders it per your vehicles VIN number and a used key from ebay or any other place will not work on this model here.The key comes pre programmed ready for your vehicle from a dealer.I would start with this and if this does not correct the issue then you want to check and make sure the battery has a good charge and isnt faulty.In some cases the electronic ignition switch itself can be faulty and cause the key message and no start and may need replaced as well.This would have to be tested further though after the key is ordered in to see if it needs replaced.

When a dealer orders in the key it usually comes in over night.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete