Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2007 sl55 that has electrical problems. The trunk…

Customer Question
I have a 2007 sl55...
I have a 2007 sl55 that has electrical problems. The trunk latch won't open, the window does not open when opening the right door only ( left side works) the button on top of the seat on the left side does not operate (right does).
I brought to Mercedes and for $1200 they got some of the things to work for a couple of days. They said the fuse block behind the passengers seat got wet which caused the problems. They said they could fix it for $2500 by replacing the box or try cleaning the terminals. I see only two boxes there one the obvious fuse block and the other I would guess is a theft control because it says do not remove this box. Can you tell me what to replace and should I get the theft box?if I disconnect the theft device will it need to be programmed?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
1/31/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 2 years ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello. The fuse box in the rear is the control module. It's called a rear Sam. You can find them on eBay. Once replaced you will have to have it recoded for your vehicle. Hope this information helps. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician