Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I changed the height level sensor in my 06 mercedes benz…

Customer Question
i changed the height level...
i changed the height level sensor in my 06 mercedes benz e350 that was the diagnostic of the dealer but my car is still low what do i do next
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
1/31/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 2 years ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello. Which sensor was changed and how low is the car ?

rear suspension sensor
the car is really low

Did you ask the previous question on how to change the sensor ?

Ah ok. And it didn't help huh. Do you have the "raise" button near the shifter ?

i do,before i changed sensor the light on the dash was red then when i changed it it went back to normal but the car didn’t raise then the dash light went back red but periodically,

Ok so can you hear the compressor kicking in at all?

yea i can hear the compressor but i see no rise in the rear

Ok then you may have a leak. In the rear there is a single line that goes to a T fitting that then has two lines coming out of it that goes to the airbags. Take off any one of the three lines at the fitting and see if air comes out when the car is started and the compressor kicks in. The fitting is between the frame and the rear differential towards the back of the car. Not towards the front. If that makes sense

well back to square one

Yes it sounds like misdiagnosis at this point. It's ok I can help you get this figured out. No worries.

Hey , are you still needing assistance ?

I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may recieve my credit for assisting you. Thank you.

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician