Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

How I had a blow out with one of my tires 18" replaced it…

Customer Question
How Paul I had a...
How Paul I had a blow out with one of my tires 18" replaced it with my spare 16" now when I ride the triangle with the he exclamation point flashes, the first day I was still able to drive with it flashing but now it won't let me go over 20mph sometimes 30. I went to autozone and the oxygen sensor popped up on the code
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
1/30/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 2 years ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

H, my name is ***** ***** you still have the spare on this?

tim
At first we had a 20" on there when it first started so I put on the usual spare to see if that would fix the problem but it didnt

ok, with the smaller wheel, the abs system is seeing a different wheel speed from the others, this sets a code and the light will come on, you will ne to get the original 18 inch back on this, when the code is set on the second trip, it will go into limp mode and you will only be able to go about 20 mph,Tim

Please dont forget to rate me so I can get credit for helping, Thanks in advance,Tim

once the original tire is put on it should go back to normal

Yes, once the computer sees the correct wheel spedd, you should not have any problems,Tim

Please dont forget to rate me, as this is the only way I get paid, thanks,Tim

Is there a reason you wont rate me??