FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE DIESEL/AUTOMOTIVE
1627031

06 Mercedes C230 Loss power on freeway press gas but nothing

Customer Question

06 Mercedes C230 Loss power on freeway press gas but nothing pulled over would turn the motor but would not fire up. got it towed home and it started lol wth
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: all the lights lit up too from no fuel air bag check engine etc
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
periodically like once a month the alternator service light would come on but when tested it was fine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Anybody there
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Though this can be caused by a number of reasons the most common is a failed crank sensor or a bad fuel pump. I have changed many of both of these on this vehicle. Did you plan on fixing this yourself? If you do, do you have a computer scan tool?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have an OBDII reader. If it was the fuel pump would it have sputter cause this was a smooth power loss
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This sensor seems like a pain to get to. I cant even see it here is a picture. Also on the fuel pump you need to drop the tank?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also the alternator light seek service comes on about once a month or so then restart it and goies away. What could this be
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Yes. A fuel pump can cause these same symptoms. As for the charge light, this can be a bad connection at the battery or it may be caused by a failing alternator.