Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have GL320 in my shop. It first had a code 20BE1B, output…

Customer Question
I have GL320 in my...
I have GL320 in my shop. It first had a code 20BE1B, output for element AdBlue tank has malfunction. We replaced AdBlue tank assemble with module ( complete assembly ). Now we have a code 20E823 and my scanner does not give a description and can not find any info in my repair manuals.
Any help greatly appreciated, Woody
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
1/27/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 2 years ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello woody, what kind of scan tool are you using, most times a software update of the scr module is what is needed for the heater fault codes. also i will need the vin of the GL

4JGBF25E79A499051- Matco Maximus. Heater fault code has not returned after tank assemble replacement just 20E823.

ok, let me see if i can access the code, sometimes without the scanner hooked up its hard to get info on codes. give me a few moments.Lou.

Ok thanks.

what control module does the scanner say you have for the engine, is it cdi4 cdi5 cdi6 cdi60ls or cdi6 bin5 ? does it show for the control module version?

nevermind i found it, the code states that pressure in the adblue system is too low. so you may have a leak, what exactly did you replace??

Customer has the car they had to leave but I think my scanner will tell me but I`ll have to get them back in to hook up to it again.

no worries , please see my last reply.

The AdBlue tank assembly from Mercedes.

OK, but did it come with the pump on top?

can your scanner do activations of the adblue system? our mercedes scanner can activate the pump and readout the pressure. mu guess is theres a line not connected somewhere or the new assembly is faulty.

I believe my scanner does. There is only the one line and I don`t see any leaks and line connections all look good. I`ll get the car back in soon and double check and also see if I can activate pump. The tank came with incorrect line and parts dept. at Mercedes said the techs usually reuse the one from the old unit so that's. what I did. My only other question would be that line has 2 electrical sensor of some type. Are those sensors pressure sensors.

Those are heaters, the pressure sensor is internal to the pump from what i remember. but the line scenario does not make sense to me , i dont remember having to use anything like that or alter anything. thats weird.

DID you make any progress?

Car will be back in on Monday. I'll check again for leaks and try to run the pump and see if I can get a pressure reading. And yes tank came with everything including pump.

Ok. Thanks for getting back. After doing the test you will be able to determine if the new assembly is defective or if the spray nozzle is leaking.

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician