Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I'm having an electrical issue with my 2000 S500

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
1/26/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Have you scan the system to see if there are any fault codes setting? Im not clear on what your problem is, can you explain which modules you are referring to when you say you replaced them? Post back with full details and we can work from there.

I replaced all the DCM's (Door Control Modules) and also the side view mirror module and as well the master window switch board on the drivers side. I was trying to figure out what was wrong myself and this site said I would have an answer within 8 minutes. I gave up on waiting and called the dealership and they said the door modules need to be flash programmed to be able to function properly. So I'm headed to the dealership today. Thanks for your attempt to help

Sorry for the long delay and Im not sure why no one picked your post up and yes the Module dose have to be programmed. Sounds like you are on the right track now. Thank you as well.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician