Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

Slk280 see to be in gh gear from start?

Customer Question

slk280 see to be in high gear from start?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This can be due to a fault with a shift solenoid or torque converter solenoid in the transmission valve body at fault.I have also seen the valve body itself fail on this model here requiring replacement when it does fail to correct this fault here.

If the check engine light has come on with this issue here the first thing that needs done is to have the fault codes checked to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set need to be diagnosed to locate and repair this fault.The codes are checked using a scan tool or computer that will plug into your vehicle that can communicate with all computers in your vehicle.

Valve body failure and shift solenoid failure are most common for this issue here.This will have to be checked into further first having the codes checked then tested from there to pinpoint and repair this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete