Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2007 mercedes gl450.streering is not turning at all.i

Customer Question
2007 mercedes gl450.streering is...

2007 mercedes gl450.streering is not turning at all.i changed the pump with rebuilt one still the same

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Now says esp malfunction and suspensions are low.but my main issue is p.steering.i am a repair shop by theway

Mechanic's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercedes Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Ok

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
1/21/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 2 years ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, so can you tell me a little more info? have you tried turning the wheels with the vehicle in the air? most times if steering is hard to turn check the shaft from the column to the rack and pinion, the u joints inside the shaft bind up and will cause a issue like yours, let me know what you determine, i will help as much as i can. Lou.