Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I talked with your previously on this. I ahead and had the

Customer Question

I talked with your previously on this. I ahead and had the balance shaft replaced. It has 158k on it. What is reasonable to expect for additional milage. 300k? 400? if I keep up with the maintenance?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, with normal maintenance I would expect 300,000 miles is easily attainable. If I were you I would suggest oil changes every 7,500 miles.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Marty

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it safe to say that it's a new engine? I know they changed the timing chain ect... when they did they replaced the shaft. It was done at a MB dealership.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

No, it's not really a new engine but the problem area has been addressed. The piston rings were not replaced and more than likely the cylinder heads with valves were not touched. These items should not give you any trouble with regular oil changes.