Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I had 02 mercedes-benz ml500 i had a problem with my car is…

Customer Question
I had 02 mercedes-benz ml500...
I had 02 mercedes-benz ml500 i had a problem with my car is that it always a shut down on me
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
Now i try to start my car it shut down on me twice n it said start error
1/19/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: FIXITMAN, Master Technician replied 2 years ago
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. The most common cause of your vehicle acting like this is a failing crank position sensor. If the crank sensor is not reading right then the computer will not be able to properly send fuel and spark into the engine to keep it running. A failing fuel pump can also cause this, but the sensor is much more common on this engine. Please let me know if you need more help.

My auto shop said i need a new key
I fix alot on the car he said the fuel pump is good n crank sendor is also good
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Are you getting a key or security message on the dash when you try starting it?

rite now i used the old key the message said start error

If you get a key start error then yes, it is more than likely the key. If the key is not sending the right signal or if the electronic ignition switch is failing and not picking it up then this will occur.

K thank i just wanna to know before the get the key cause i put alot money on the car if i get the key still had the same problem i will be upset that y i want to made sure. So is not the crank position sensor r the fuel pump rite.

Those are the most common that I have seen but if they have checked them and if you are getting that start warning then it is more than likely the key. But, if the system is not picking up the key this will happen also. They could see this with a factory scan tool.

FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician