FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE DIESEL/AUTOMOTIVE
1627031

I had 02 mercedes-benz ml500 i had a problem with my car is

Customer Question

I had 02 mercedes-benz ml500 i had a problem with my car is that it always a shut down on me
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now i try to start my car it shut down on me twice n it said start error
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. The most common cause of your vehicle acting like this is a failing crank position sensor. If the crank sensor is not reading right then the computer will not be able to properly send fuel and spark into the engine to keep it running. A failing fuel pump can also cause this, but the sensor is much more common on this engine. Please let me know if you need more help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My auto shop said i need a new key
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I fix alot on the car he said the fuel pump is good n crank sendor is also good
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Are you getting a key or security message on the dash when you try starting it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
rite now i used the old key the message said start error
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

If you get a key start error then yes, it is more than likely the key. If the key is not sending the right signal or if the electronic ignition switch is failing and not picking it up then this will occur.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
K thank i just wanna to know before the get the key cause i put alot money on the car if i get the key still had the same problem i will be upset that y i want to made sure. So is not the crank position sensor r the fuel pump rite.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Those are the most common that I have seen but if they have checked them and if you are getting that start warning then it is more than likely the key. But, if the system is not picking up the key this will happen also. They could see this with a factory scan tool.