Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My name is ***** *****. My rear is faulty as a result of my…

Customer Question
Hi, my name is...

Hi, my name is ***** *****. My rear sam is faulty as a result of my s430 took in water from my drainage clogged. I confirmed that all the fuses on the sam are ok and it is getting power from the battery on the large wire.

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

My issue is that I replaced the module with a used one from a similar car model with a matching sam. the model number on the sam were different but I have researched that it was compatible with my car. The issue is that I installed the used module and it did not make any changes

Mechanic's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercedes Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

I will be willing to pay if I will be getting the info that will get me to a solution

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
1/18/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 2 years ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, so was of this point what does and does not work with your car?

hi, my rear indicators, fuel level, truck close, truck light and more features
the rear sam is faulty. I did some research on my error messages of "defective display" etc, and it leads me to the rear sam. I disassembled the sam and saw that the circuit board corroded and damaged.
I got a used module which I researched to be compatible with my vehicle, but it did not make a difference. I was told that the used module was already programmed
I confirmed that all the fuses on the modules were ok and have power on them
I dont know what I am missing. I am a trained mechanic but this issue is new for me.
r u there?

SORRY I AM HERE

k

ok so you changed the sam and nothing still works correct?

right and I am seeing the same errors on my screen

ok,. so have you had a scanner put on it to check codes?

I did and there were lots of codes even for other modules. I was thinking of clearing them and see what are current issues from old codes. but I didnt

ok so first this is to document the codes, then clear them and see what returns, then we can trouble shoot

okay. gonna take about 10 - 20 min. I will do that and let you know.

no problem, I am in no hurry, I will have to leave for a bit and I will check back later tonight so I will be gone between 3:30 and maybe 6 or so but I will still receive your message so feel free to send me whatever info you can get. and also what scan tool are you using?