Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I have an issue with my 2003 ML320
, When you move the

Customer Question

Customer: I have an issue with my 2003 ML320
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When you move the warning light comes up and then the red brake warning indicator comes and then all ABS/ESP and other lights come up. The car activates ABS assuming it is slipary, and it does not move beyond 10mile per hour
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercedes Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Okay
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello???Anybody there???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alright, it is more than 15 minutes, but not body is responding. I was just talking to one of you. What happened?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?????
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The warning light (ABS/ESP ) light come on when the system sees a fault and when this happens the computer system will set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to know where to start your diagnosis the first thing you are going to need to do is to have the system scanned and the fault code and or codes retrieved. If you can get this done and post back with them, I will direct you in the needed repair.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the system scanner and I tried to do that. When I hock up the scanner, it goes and scans every part of the system. During this process the ABS/ESP, and emergency brake warning lights go off, but after a second ABS/ESP comes back and emergency brake warning does not come back. After the complete system scan is finished, and I try to read codes, it says can not communicate with the system...there is communication link problem. From this point on, when I try to clear codes, they all go away for a second, and then emergency brake light comes back first and then a second after that ABS/ESP comes on. From this point on, no matter how many times you repeat the same thing happens.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

If you are not able to communicate and your sure its not your scan tool then there is a problem in the system and with out know what the fault codes are its going to make this very difficult to trace down. Have you tried using a Mercedes compatible scan tool?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am doing it with Carsoft i980, and it is working fine.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

I am not able to make a call at the moment, if you would like I can open the post back up for you in hopes another expert can do this for you. Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please do that. I have been waiting for some one to respond to my question since yesterday. It was not a very pleasant experience with Just Answer this time.
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello I can help. Did you want to do a phone call I'll send over a offer.

I apologize if your not having the best experience at this point. I can surely help you I have a great track record. Please let me know if you wish to proceed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Go ahead.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already sent my phone number to your colleague who wanted to call and then said he can't call. I keep getting this $18 charge reminder. Is that for the whole process as it use to be, or this charge is for the phone conversation?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alright, it is the third time that some one shows up to answer, and then momentarily disappear for no reasons. I can't believe Just Answer's quality of customer care has deteriorated so much in less than a year.I don't want to see any charges on my credit card for no service. Could you some one from your management close this communication and remove temporary charges from my card?Thank you,

My apologies I am here and was on another call. The only charges you will see are the question charge and the additional charge for the phone call if you accept. So far I see no acceptance of a phone call or answer so as of now you only paid a deposit.

i am also looking over your recent chat to see if there is something I can answer without the phone call, I just seen the phone call offer in my recent and did not want to keep you waiting.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already accepted for your friend Ron, and he declined to call, but I do see a pending charge of $26. If they proceed and charge me for that amount I will report is as fraud. I also haven't received any answer to my question, and thus should not get charged for any thing. Right?

you are correct, we guarantee 100% satisfaction, sir you are always welcome to a refund. let me try to help you to turn your opinion around and if you are then satisfied or not I will assist with the refund .I am looking over your story now to see what you had already spoke with the other expert about. give me a few minutes to respond back, I promise I can help you get this fixed.

ok so it appears at this point you cannot access the traction module with the scan tool is that correct? can you read all the other modules and if so are there any fault codes that say they cannot communicate with the traction system? what happened before the warnings came on any accidents or recent repair work? did you notice anything else not working in the vehicle?

if the abs is activating prematurely that tells me you have a wheel speed sensor problem and the module thinks a wheel is locked up. we need to get the scanner reading to see if there is a fault code or if we can read actual values of the module.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Before that, can you tell me why I have two pending charges on my card? There is a $5 which I suspect was because of initiating a conversation. But why there is another $26 charge? What is this for? I need you to please kindly remove that charge from my card before we continue.

ok I personally have no control over the fees. at this point, we have one of two options, 1 - I can contact customer service to investigate, BUT it will lock out our conversation which will impede any progress on your end, or 2- I can help you figure this out and then we can contact customer service to straighten out the charges. it is totally up to you. I am here to HELP you, I know at this point you seem frustrated so I don't expect anything from you but I would like the chance. again I have a great track record and can help for sure.and in the end we will 100% figure out the charges. there is no fraud to be worried about.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could you please go ahead and ask customer service to investigate and stop that unnecessary transaction. Sorry, I can not pay for hours of waiting and getting no service. Please read this communication and see what is the reason I am frustrated. The first guy said, go ahead and give your credit card information and then I will answer your question. As soon as I did, he disappears and never came back. Next morning, another guy said, I am here to help, and then after two question, he asked to give him my phone number so he can call me. I did so, and then he said, he can not call, and will have to open this to the forum. Then you showed up, and after the first response, you got stuck with some one else. This whole thing took several hours, and the result is $5 + $26 charges on my card.We need to remove the $26 charge before we continue.Thank you for doing that.

I totally understand., I cant apologize enough. I will contact customer service, I hope if you give us another chance you please request me and I WILL get you taken care of. please take a second to check out my profile and other chats and answers so you can see the great lengths I go to , to help customers that turn to us for help., I wish you the best, Lou.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will continue this conversation as soon as some one kindly takes that fraud transactions for $26 out of my card. Thank you,

sir I already contacted customer service. so someone should get with you today on the charges.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you,

no problem at all.