Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a problem with my 2005 Mercedes c230 k, i try to

Customer Question
Hi Guys I have a problem...
Hi Guys
I have a problem with my 2005 Mercedes c230 k, i try to unlock doors it doesn't work but the remote key work good
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
1/17/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 2 years ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, my name is*****'m a little confused as to the problem. What do you mean when you say "the remote key work good"? Do you mean that the remote works to unlock the doors?

Hi Marty I mean the remote work but the car doesn't unlock

I'm still not following you. If the car doesn't unlock how do you know that the remote is working?

the red light on remote is flashing when i hit the unlock or lock button

Are you able to open the car with the mechanical key? If so, does the car start?

I tried with the mechanical key it doesn't work the car still lock

It sounds like your car battery is dead. You need to rotate the lock counterclockwise and hold it there then pull on the door handle. Did you do that? I've attached a picture below. It helps if you slide the key into the end of the fob abd use the fob to turn the key.

MB Paul
MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician