Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

My name is ***** *****. I have an E55 AMG from 2004. The

Customer Question

Customer: Hello there, my name is ***** *****. I have an E55 AMG from 2004. The Mercedes logo on the head unit lights up and then turns off. I have removed the head unit and sent it in for repair. He said there was nothing wrong with it. He said that there must be something else wrong in the OPTIC ring. I bit the bullet and sent it to Mercedes and they said that I need a new Command at a cost of $3000. I of course refused as I can get cheaper else where. I have read so many forums on it and thought that the dealship could plug in the scar computer and find the initial fault. The initial fault was the battery being dead flat every morning! I hope that you can help.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What else do you need to know?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the issue here is a dead battery every morning this can over time damage electronics possibly damaging the command unit or another component on the optic ring like a cd changer,amplifier,satellite radio receiver,etc. causing this here.The first thing that needs done is to have a battery drain/draw test done to locate the source of the draw then from there it can be repaired to correct this issue here.If the issue here is a battery drain/draw fault at first and the battery is still losing charge as the vehicle sits let me know as there is a procedure I can send you to follow to locate the source of the draw so we can correct or locate the fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete