Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

Deb, I just purchased a 2006 ml500. a couple questions... it

Customer Question

Customer: deb, I just purchased a 2006 ml500. a couple questions... it is a limited edition.. what exactly does that mean, lol. Plus, i was told it has satellite, however it isn't recognized through syrius. plus, ive heard i can purchase the parts for bluetooth, and install easily?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i mentioned everything above
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercedes Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The limited edition is usually the trim and interior package.It is usually a fancier package then the standard ML500 with possibly leather seats,wooden trim panels in the interior wheel flares in some cases,etc.Usually if you take your VIN number and contact a dealer they can tell you the exact specifics of your models limited edition options at no charge to you and can be done over the phone in some cases.

Your vehicle may have the satellite button to engage satellite radio but it may not be complete with the satellite system.Some models came pre equipped with satellite install but needed the completion kit retro fitted to the vehicle.This usually has to be done by the dealer as they have to order in the kit and install it.Usually if your model has the sat button then this can be installed.I know in some cases it can cost upwards of around $1500 or more to have fully installed.

You can definitely install the blue tooth yourself if your vehicle is once again equipped fully with it.To see if your model is equipped with it open the center console between the two front seats and check for an electrical connection that looks like this https://www.dropbox.com/s/nqqqp81d952w6sb/blue-01-13.jpg?dl=0.If it has this connection then you would need part number B67875878 or part number B67876131 blue tooth module to slide onto and connect to this connector as seen here https://www.dropbox.com/s/s0skrx874nufrj2/bluee-01-13.jpg?dl=0.This can be purchased from a dealer or on line in some cases.If you do not have the connector then a dealer would need to install the retro fit completer kit to make this work.Once you have the adapter here are the instructions for pairing your phone to your vehicle.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nmqk6mlxovucjex/bluettohpari-01-13.pdf?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete