Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

I was replacing the plug on the a/c conpresser when it

Customer Question
touched the body of the...
I was replacing the plug on the a/c conpresser when it touched the body of the car, when that happened the cooling fan started running contantly it been running at high speed for several weeks and today it stopped working I replaced the belt driven motor and it still will not come on
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
It was the a/c condenser not the compresser
Oh i for to tell you what kind of car, it is a 2000 mercedes s430
1/12/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are having with the cooling fan can be caused by any of the following,

• Battery Positive Voltage
  • Coolant Fan Control Module
  • Engine Cooling Fan Wiring Harness

With the control module being the most common. In order to determine the cause you are going to need to do some testing. I have enclosed the steps in the link below, Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Cooling%20fan%20Jan%2012.pdf
Ron, ASE Certified Technician