Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

The choice radio in my mercedes c300 4matic has dissapeared.

Customer Question

The choice for satellite radio in my mercedes c300 4matic has dissapeared. I literally do not have it as a choice for a radio band. Is there some kind of fuse for the satellite system that would cause it to dissapear all of a sudden. This is not a case where i can go to the sattelite band and then do not have Sirius. The band literally doesn not show up as a choice
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the choice/option was there before and now it is not this sounds like the radio/command unit has lost the coding.The coding is programming that the head unit/command system uses to see what the components are that are installed on your vehicle.If the coding/programming has become corrupted this issue here will occur like this.The other reason can be a fault in the command unit itself not seeing the satellite radio system.

What will have to be done from here is to have a dealer or authorized repair center check the coding for the radio/head unit and see if it needs to be reprogrammed again.If it does they can usually do this in less then an hours time.If there is a fault with the radio/command unit itself it will need replaced then programmed by them.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete