Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.
7276279

I have a 2004 mercedez ml500 Vin#4JGAB65E14A506878 & AND

Customer Question

I have a 2004 mercedez ml500 Vin#4JGAB65E14A506878 & AND this vehicle will cut off sometimes when accelerating from a stop & also sometimes will jurk when accelerating. I scanned for codes and got code P2004-4: (Check Wiring of Signal Line and Voltage. (P0104). I noticed when I clear the code and the light comes back on it will cut off
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Both the fault codes your getting can be caused by any of the following,

• Air Induction Leak
  • Charging Voltage
  • Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor
  • Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Wiring
  • Throttle Body

A couple of things you can try before you do any testing would be to clean the throttle body as well as the MAF sensor. When doing so be sure to disconnect the negative battery cable before the cleaning. If the problem returns after doing both, run the test steps in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/MAF%20code%20Jan%208.pdf