FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE DIESEL/AUTOMOTIVE
1627031

I have a 2009 cls550, the trunk closure acted off a week ago

Customer Question

I have a 2009 cls550, the trunk closure acted off a week ago meaning I pushed the closure button and only went halfway. Next day I tried opening the trunk and ..... Dead. Wont open via key remote, trunk lever, or lever inside in the driver door. Almost like electrical short cause there is no action or mechanical noise. I also, coincidentally got errors near the speedometer telling me the license plate lights r not working now. Think thus is a fuse or something? I realize there are 2 fuse boxes; one in the dash, one in the trunk. Any suggestions? Thanks
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. It sounds like the wiring to the rear is damaged. It may be the wiring going into the trunk lid, but typically it is in the trunk itself. You will have to get the trunk open to try and inspect and test the wiring. t this point you will need to remove the rear seat in order to get into the trunk and use the manual release to get it open. Let me know if you need more help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will try tomorrow and respond. Btw, second Fri Jun truck issue with vehicle. Spent almost 1k because the trunck would not close (bounce back up) a year ago. The moving latch motor failed......ugh.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Do you still have a warranty on the work that you had paid all of that money for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure, struggling to get in through the back seat right now, checking the manual. I'm an engineer so goid at tho stuff but new, luxury cars blow for user maintenance!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ya, manual not specific on how to get into trunk via backseat. I ser nothing intuative, thoughts?
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

You must remove the seat bottom by pulling it up and out and then you can remove the seat back by unbolting it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, not sure I can do it tonight, getting ready for Seahawk game and taking a few tomorrow. Can I hit u up tomorrow evening after trying? Thanks chief
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Sure can. I will look for your response. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to respond. Have a greatnight.