Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

I have workshop key and eis control module. key led blinking

Customer Question

i have workshop key and eis control module. key led blinking during 3 hours. never had this situation before. look like i missing one of steps. any hep?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that needs done here is to make sure the battery is fully charged.If this is o.k. if the incorrect work shop key was supplied or if it was programmed incorrectly by Mercedes this causes this here.I have had to replace the EIS again and use another work shop key to correct this here.In some cases just a new work shop key will work but I have had to re replace the EIS and key again under parts warranty.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete