FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE DIESEL/AUTOMOTIVE
1627031

2006 Ml350 gas gauge not working properly.. Dealer claimed

Customer Question

2006 Ml350 gas gauge not working properly.. Dealer claimed they fixed the issue , now i smell gas inside the car
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dealer claimed they changed the fuel pump...But now i smell gas when i drive the vehicle... They also claimed they changed the fuel sensor , which is located inside the gas tank...
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am sorry to hear about your vehicle. To perform the repair that it seems that they did they would need to access the tank through the access panel under the rear seat. If they did not reveal it right or if they spilled fuel then you will get this smell. Most of the time it is just from them opening the system and the smell will leave the vehicle in a day or two. If it persists you need to take it back to check for leaks. Let me know if you need more help.