Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

My CLgear won't engage D position like N .. No light

Customer Question

My CL(###) ###-####gear won't engage D position like N .. No light alarm anywhere ! If I restart the car it engage and run for a mile and so on, i can do that on on ! What fo you think is the problem.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, it sounds like there is a fault with the transmission speed sensor or with the electronic gearshift selector module. You will need to get the car connected to a Mercedes diagnostic tester to read out the fault codes that are stored in the transmission control module. The codes in the transmission module will point to the problem. The most common failure are the transmission speed sensors. The speed sensors are part of the transmission conductor plate. A conductor plate replacement is approximately $950. The fluid level in the transmission should be checked to be sure it is at the proper level.

Let me know if you have any questions. Please click on a rating for my service as this is the only way that I receive credit from the website for helping you.

Marty