Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

300SL, WILL NOT START, CHECK THE CODES AND THERE ARE NONE,

Customer Question
Customer: 300SL, WILL NOT START...
Customer: 300SL, WILL NOT START, CHECK THE CODES AND THERE ARE NONE, IGNITION MODULE HAS BEEN REPLACED AND STILL WILL NOT START. FEELS LIKE IT NOT GETTING GAS.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: TRY TO START THE CAR, SOUNDS LIKE IT NOT GETTING ANY GAS, BUT THERE IS A FULL TRANK.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercedes Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OK
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mercedes
12/15/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Pete, Mercedes Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the fuel pump is not working or is working but isnt supplying enough fuel pressure this issue here will occur like this.I have seen the fuel pump fail in the past before needing replaced.If the fuel filter is restricted this can cut back on fuel pressure or fuel volume causing this as well with the fuel filter needing replaced.I would have the fuel pump and filter checked/tested to see if either are the cause here.If these have already been checked/tested and found o.k. or if you need info on how to do this let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Mercedes Mechanic