sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My name is ***** ***** i have a mercedes mlmodel (163)

Customer Question

Customer: hello sir. my name is ***** ***** i have a mercedes ml(###) ###-####model (163)
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the ESP BAS light keeps showing, and every time it shows the vehicle doesn't respond to acceleration.... it doesn't go off, but it does not respond when i accelerate....i have to switch it off and then on again. what could be the issue? many thanks
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercedes Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: no worry, that is ok.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You may have quite a few things going on. It may be an engine performance issue such as the electronic throttle control throttle body, a vacuum leak or intake restriction, inaccurate MAP sensor signal, or it may be directly related to the ABS/ESP systems. If you have acceleration issues then it's most likely an engine related concern.

The warning lights are coming on because the ESP module is seeing an issue that will prevent ESP, ABS and traction control functions and is setting a fault code. The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to see what fault codes are setting using a scan tool or code reader.