Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

Mercedes-Benz C300 4Matic Sport: my AC/ Heater blower does

Customer Question
my AC/ Heater blower does...
my AC/ Heater blower does not work. the cabin filter needs to be replaced.but i think it could be the resistor thats causing the problem?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
12/7/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Pete, Mercedes Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. There is a technical service bulletin on the blower regulator failing.The bulletin number is ***** correction is to replace the blower regulator that has upgraded ESD protection to keep it from failing.The part number regulator needed is A 222 906 03 03.You will want to double check that this is the most up to date current part number but it looks like it is.A dealers parts department can tell you for sure over the phone.The fault is as you described here with intermittent blower operations or sporatic and that the blower regulator is at fault needing replaced.One other thing to check is to make sure no ice,debris or water made it into the blower cage itself needing cleaned out but I suspect this is the regulator needing replaced here.The regulator is located to the left of the blower as seen here.The lower dash panel is removed on the passenger side to access and replace it.https://www.dropbox.com/s/i9c7hy5bi9y0kzb/reg-12-07.gif?dl=0 If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic