Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I need to jump start mercedes e350 but i am not sure its

Customer Question

I need to jump start mercedes e350 but i am not sure its battery problem it is just cranking but not starting
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** your Mercedes is cranking over as it usually does but it is not starting the problem will not be a battery problem. This problem will more than likely be a fault with the crankshaft position sensor causing the engine not to get spark from the ignition or a fault with the fuel pump circuit causing the engine not to get any fuel. You will need to get the car connected to a Mercedes diagnostic tester to check the fuel and ignition systems.

Let me know if you have any questions. Please click on a rating for my service as this is the only way that I receive credit from the website for helping you.

Marty