Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

I am getting a 2012 ml350 from my friend, a bank president,

Customer Question
that has 150000 miles. the...
I am getting a 2012 ml350 from my friend, a bank president, that has 150000 miles. the car is in great shape but i was wondering what do i need to look for since it has 150k miles on it?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mercedes
12/1/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Joe Barfield, Master High-Tech replied 1 year ago
Joe  Barfield
Joe Barfield, Master High-Tech

Well # ***** that should be a good person to buy from.....however make sure the transmission shifts great in town & on highway....yu should hit the gas wide open at 55,65 mph.....should have good performance, have it checked for service codes at local parts store as its FREE.......Then if its all ok...take it & have it looked at for any kind of leaks...check A.C. & Heater.....Thanks Joey.....oh yea all windows too

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i have done most of the things you mentioned ie transmission cked, pick-up, shifting, etc, breaking, etc. all service codes chekced, i have an appoitment to take it to dealership service shop, to have it evaluated. But I would like to know more about to are the things that should be aware of on the mercedez ML350, after 150k miles. to make sure i do get it ck at the shop.?
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 1 year ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, perhaps I can help. My name is***** so many miles on the car I would suggest inspecting all of the fluids, especially the transmission fluid. Hopefully the previous owner replaced the fluids regularly in the past. If you can get the service history from the previous owner it would be helpful. I'd like to see that the transmission fluid has been replaced at 60,000 mile intervals. I'd also make sure that the engine oil was serviced every 10,000 miles. A complete diagnostic scan with the Mercedes Star Diagnosis tester should be performed. A local parts store tester can only read the engine control module and if the check engine light is not on reading the engine module won't do you any good. The factory tester can read all of the modules in the car and check them for fault codes. All codes should be evaluated by a Mercedes technician. Fluid leaks are a concern at this mileage. Any fluid leaks should be noted and addressed. Tires should have adequate tread and the brake pads and rotors should be in good condition. The air suspension can be troublesome on this model. I'd make sure that the suspension functions properly and does not lower when the car sits overnight.

Let me know if you have any questions. Kindly rate my service in order for the website to credit me for my help.

Marty

Marty
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician