Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

We just had a engine replaced in our 2008 ML320 cdi. When we

Customer Question
first brought it back we...
We just had a engine replaced in our 2008 ML320 cdi. When we first brought it back we noticed an increase in power and attributed it to the the new engine having half the miles on it as the old one. Unfortunately we saw an oil leak from the upper pan and
returned it for repair. The pan was replaced. We just brought it home and noticed a whining sound from the turbo when accelerating. Also it doesn't seem to have as much power as when we first brought her home but does have the same as the original engine.
What could be wrong. What should we do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
11/30/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: FIXITMAN, Master Technician replied 2 years ago
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. From what you are explaining it sounds like the turbo is the issue here. If the turbo is making noise and you are having a lack of power then the turbo may be failing. If the turbo was not replaxced with the new engine then it can easily fail due to debris from the old engine. Was this replaced at the same time? Either way you need to take it back to where you had this done.

Is it okay to drive ?

It should be fine to drive back to the shop.

If you need anything else please let me know. Please rate when you can also. Thank you.

FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician