Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

I have a 1999 Mercedes sl500. Engine turns over but no

Customer Question
start . There seems to...
I have a 1999 Mercedes sl500. Engine turns over but no start . There seems to be no spark or fuel pressure. I have compression. Scan tool recovered no codes. I read that the crankshafts sensor can cause this problem. That did not fix my problem. Did not change out ecm yet. Am trying to repair my self but I don't want to blow money guessing . Any help please
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/28/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 1 year ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, my name is***** stated that there seems to be no spark or fuel pressure. Have you actually tested for spark and tested the fuel pressure?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I held one of the spark plug wires close to chassis . No spark. I also press the valve in on the fuel rail. Gas sip out . No pressure. Could not here fuel pump running.

You may not be getting power to the ECM. Check the fuses in the base module located in the module box under the hood on the passenger side. Check for any blown fuses and see if all of them have 12V with the key on. Also test for voltage to the ignition coils with the key on.

Let me know what you find.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is a voltage present at coils with ignition on. Will check what you said in the control box next.

Hi, just checking in with you on the Mercedes. What did you find so far?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I, m out off town It will be Thursday 12/3/15 before I can make those checks. Thanks

Thanks for the update. I'll wait to hear from you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did get 12 volts across all 3 fuses in the control box with ignition on

Do you have the red and green lights in the interior rear view mirror on this car?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do not see red and green lights in mirror. It appears to be what looks like a sensor in the right corner. Three control buttons on the bottom left of mirror
MB Paul
MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician