Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

I am considering purchasing a Mercedes, and wanted to seek

Customer Question
Hello - I am considering...
Hello - I am considering purchasing a Mercedes, and wanted to seek your help estimating the expected maintenance expenses that would be incurred over the life of the vehicle. Can you please provide: Estimated Cost of Maintenance Event, AND mileage threshold
per maintenance event for each of the below maintenance items? (Example of acceptable answers: Change brake pads after 150,000 miles for a cost of $450) Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement, Brake Fluid Flush, Oil & Oil Filter Change, Spark Plugs & Wires, Catalytic
Converter, Valve Cover Gasket, Engine Coolant, Inverter Coolant, Drive Belt Replacement, Transmission Fluid, Tires (set of 4), Wheel Bearings (Front and Back), Cabin Air Filter Change, Engine Air Filter Change, Muffler Please provide information on all of
the above maintenance events, as well as any other anticipated maintenance events for BOTH the 2015 Mercedes S-Class Sedan, and the 2015 Mercedes E-Class Sedan
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 2 days by:
11/30/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Pete, Mercedes Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I see no one has posted info on the services on these here.There are allot of different service items for these models and the costs will range widely and I suspect this is why no one has posted.I can post some info below for each the S and E class models on the services that are needed at certain mileages.The cost is not shown and you will have to look through the info to locate the pages on all the services on these vehicles.I can say a basic il change can sometimes run around $150 to $200 and that is usually the low end on the services to expect and the high end depending on what needs done can run over $1500 parts and labor in some cases.Brakes can run around $250,coolant changes aroung $150,brake flush around $150,transmission service around $300 in some cases....etc.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/70drbdmnr30pjvi/service%20interval-11-30.pdf?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Pete that is super helpful. Can you please provide cost estimates for the below items?Spark Plugs & Wires,
Catalytic Converter,
Valve Cover Gasket,
Inverter Coolant,
Drive Belt Replacement,
Tires (set of 4),
Wheel Bearings (Front and Back),
Cabin Air Filter Change,
Engine Air Filter ChangeMany thanks,
Jamie

Your welcome Jamie.

The wires/boots rarely need changed but if they do you are looking at around $300 for spark plugs and maybe around $250 for wires/boots.Catalytic converters are expensive and can run over $2000 parts and labor if needed replaced.They are usually warrantied up to 80,000 miles however.Valve cover gaskets can run around $150,coolant flush maybe around $150,drive belt possibly around $100 to $150.Tires can be over $1000 due to the sizes.Wheel bearing replacements may be around $400 to $700 each depending on what is needed.Cabin air filter around $100 as well as engine air filters as the air filters themselves are fairly pricey.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Mercedes Mechanic