Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

My name ***** ***** my radio an cd player has quit working

Customer Question

Customer: my name ***** ***** my radio an cd player has quit working on my ml(###) ###-####they are telling me its 5000.00 to fix
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: my dealer says its the tele- aid ant the antenna
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercedes Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the tele aid is still wired into your vehicle if it has failed the tele aid control module can cause the fiber optic circuit to fail and cause a no signal/communication issue causing this fault here.In order to correct this the tele aid control module will need replaced or the dealer can use a bypass adapter and remove the tele aid control module and reprogram the computers to make the vehicle think it doesnt have tele aid at all.This should allow the raduo and cd changer to work again and is usually far less then the $5000 to replace any of the tele aid components.Usually around $200 to have this done instead.I would ask the dealer if they can do this for you to see if it corrects the fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete