Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Marty. i've been considering purchase of a 2016 mercedes

Customer Question

hi marty. i've been considering purchase of a 2016 mercedes c300. i love everything about the car except for the small trunk (which i can cope with) and the headrest. the forward tilt of the headrest makes it impossible for my upper back to hit the seat, which is very uncomfortable and clearly a deal-braker. there was no identifiable way of adjusting it. is it possible to remove it and straighten the metal rods? do you know of any other options? thanks
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

hello, sorry to hear you are having issues with the headrest, have you tried all the manual adjustments? was any salesman at all helpful? are you comfortable with modifying a new car ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Salesman had no ideas, thinking it only went up and down and that the forward tilt couldn't be adjusted.The car is otherwise great. I wouldn't have any problem modifying it if it isn't too difficult. I'm hoping that there's another headrest that can be installed, or that I can buy a replacement with straighter rods. The design is pretty crazy. I can't imagine that there aren't other people like me. By the way, I'm 5'8"

Only 5'8" huh I've never had a issue with the headrest myself the headrest does tilt though. I had the owners manual pulled up earlier but I didn't hear from you so I closed it out but the owners manual described how to adjust it it kinda rocks like pivots almost from center in a way. There are aftermarket companies that make dvd headrests so worst case maybe you can buy one from them or take yours out and have the rods heated and bent slightly. There are always options so yes it could be modified but I would make sure not any joe does it. Does this sound helpful ? Let me know I am here to assist any way I can. Lou.