Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Ok here is where i am now: i replaced the ignition out of a

Customer Question

ok here is where i am now : i replaced the ignition out of a wrecked e420 installed it in my car without attaching the steering lock and the thing that goes around the key hole (sending device) so it has new ignition when i try to start it it sounds just
like it is going to start but it doesent? i mean it turns over and almost starts but not quite.i have not hooked up the steering lock and i still have the gauges out can that matter ?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, the steering lock won't matter but you need to install the antenna ring around the tumbler in order for the car to start. I'd also install the instrument cluster as the cluster is on the vehicle network.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok i hooked up the instrument panel and i get a continues beep removed the key and same thing beep beep beep
is something shorting ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never mind I am finished no more questions!
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Ok, did you get it working?

Please remember to click on a rating for my service so the website credits me for my help on this.

Marty