Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

Auto door lock problems in M/Benz E350 4runner

Customer Question

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If this is an issue with the key less entry not locking or unlocking intermittently when using the key fob/remote to lock and unlock the vehicle this may be an issue with the remote/key fob itself with it needing replaced to correct this here.I have seen the key/remote fail several times before needing replaced.If this is not what is occuring here and this issue is with the doors not locking or unlocking on their own check the settings in the instrument cluster to see if the auto lock was turned off or changed at all.

If all of these are o.k. or this is not the issue here with this let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete