Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

I need help

Customer Question
I need help
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/15/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Kevin, Master tech replied 2 years ago
Kevin
Kevin, Master tech

Hi im kevin what car do you have and how can we help ?

2001 mercedez s500. No power to ac compressor. What feeds power to ac compressor

Ok i can give wiring diagram if that helps power comes from multifunction module have you any fault codes within system ? Has gas been low ?

Ok that will be great. And no codes. Just replaced sc compressor. It went out. Where is this module
Ac

My info is limitd il opt out i have no co ponent locations another tech will help shortly

Ok thanks
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 2 years ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, perhaps I can help. My name is***** the red light in the A/C off button on?

It doesnt have a ac light

The left front SAM powers the compressor. Does it have an EC light?

Ok, when the system is turned on does the red light in the EC button remain on?

is always on. Even when ac is off
It only turns off when i close ignition key

Ok, then there is a fault code stored in the climate control panel. Have you tried erasing the codes in the climate control?

Inhave a regular obd code reader. Can it be done with this? I tryed disconnecting battery but it doesnt work

No you have to erase the codes in the climate control unit itself. I made a video of the procedure. Click on the link below. Once you erase the codes the compressor should turn on. Let me know if it works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPPenpU8zHU

Ok hold ob
On

Ok

Did you try erasing the code?

but is not erasing. Code still there

Is that the only fault code? Did you scroll through using the right side temperature button to check for other codes?

It says kla o top of code 1271 den changes to kla v
Sorry KLA A TO KLA V but code is the same

Did you use the right side temperature button to check for other codes?

it only does what i told u. Klav a to b
I mean v

The fault code indicates a problem with the communication to the stepper motor control module. What is the history of the a/c compressor problem?

No power to ac so it wouldn't turn on. When i put power it would engage but wouldnt cool. I put in new ac compressor, still no power but when i put power it cools ice cold.
im half way done i guess
What is stepper motor control

The stepper motor control module is for the motors that control the vent flaps. I can't see it causing the problem with the compressor. After going through the procedure to erase the codes does the EC light still remain on? Are you unable to press the EC button to turn the light off?

No, now i can turn it on and off. Light goes on and off. I had check all fuses before doing reset, should i check them again?

I'd definitely check all of the fuses but if the EC light turns off you should be getting power to the compressor.

Marty
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician