Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.
7276279

2002 c240 sat many months. Tried to recharge battery but

Customer Question

2002 c240 sat many months. Tried to recharge battery but would not hold charge. Got new duralast battery and put it in but now I get dash illumination but car will not start. Thanks
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Key battery works, will lock/unlock doors
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
gave u wrong phone number, correct number is :(###) ###-####...thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just checked the voltage on the new battery...only 12.7 volts, I am recharging it right now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Once the battery is charged and if the car starts, are there procedures required to "sync" the battery to some of the car's systems, such as steering?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Once the battery is charged the car should crank and start , there is nothing that should need to be synced . Post back if you are still not able to get it to start and we can work from there.