Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Change battery in key remote Mercedes SLK 230 and engine

Customer Question

Change battery in key remote for 2002 Mercedes SLK 230 and engine will not turn over and doors will not lock or unlock. indicator light flashes on remote when button is pushed.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, it sounds like you may have a fault with the PSE module in the trunk. Check fuses 25 and 26 and see if either are bad. If the fuses are good you can try disconnecting the battery cables and joining the two cable ends together for a few minutes then reconnect them to the battery. If you have no success and the door locks don't work with the remote or with the switch in the car you will most likely need to replace the PSE module in the trunk.

Let me know if you have any questions. Please be sure to rate my service so I receive credit for my help.

Marty