Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

My fuel gauge stop working and I can't tell how much gas I

Customer Question

my fuel gauge stop working and I can't tell how much gas I have left . What happen ?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.I apologize for any delay.

There are two common issues that cause this here.The first on this model is the fuel level sender itself in the fuel tank.This reads the amount of fuel in the tank and sends this signal out to allow the cluster gauge to operate properly.The second is the actual gauge itself as I have seen this fail.

Most common between the two is usually the fuel level sender in the tank needing replaced.This may cost up around $300 in some cases to replace it.

This will have to be tested further to be sure this is the cause here and to make sure the gauge is o.k.before having any components replaced.I suspect though this will be the fuel level sender needing replaced.

Let me know if you need anything else here and feel free to rate my help.

Thanks Pete