Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

Whatsup, how can i put gear in neutral on a my ML350 2014,

Customer Question

hey whatsup, how can i put gear in neutral on a my ML350 2014, key is missing on a auction and car stay on a car carrier on a top, just need unload manually
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The only way I can think of to remove this is to remove the ISM (intelligent servo module) located on the side of the transmission.This electronic actuator shifts the linkage in the transmission and once this is removed the shaft that this ISM attaches to may be able to be shifted manually into neutral.This will cause fault codes to set and may cause a no start once it is reinstalled and the key obtained and the codes may need to be cleared out to correct this issue.If you do try this make sure you put the mechanical transmission shift shaft back into its proper position before the ISM was removed then reinstall the ISM properly.This is the only option I can think of here besides removing the drive lines.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** need just disconnect this module or fully remove? do i need disconnect the battery before? (where are located battery?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do u have some pics how it looks?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I haven't done this myself but it would need removed.It would be a good idea to disconnect the battery (although you may not need to)and the battery is located under the carpet and fllor paneling under the passenger front seat.You should be able to move the seat forward (although with no key it may not move) and then pull up the carpet and duct work and the panel and see the main battery to disconnect it.

It should look something like this here.https://www.dropbox.com/s/ovn534h4yvygh7e/ism-11-11.png?dl=0.

I haven't done this myself so it may trigger the vehicle alarm removing it but I see this as the only way to move the vehicle when you do not have a key for it.A dealer can order in a replacement key over night for you but it may run anywhere from $200 to $300 to order in.

Thanks Pete